Memorial Day is coming up and do yo know what to cook for the one that doesn’t like to eat BBQ? We can take care of that worry now. I am a person that likes BBQ, but it doesn’t bother me if I don’t eat it at a function.
I’d rather have something else to eat these days. Let me give you a few points of reference. I used to eat BBQ but no longer should eat it. Most of the items are fatty and frankly I’d rather not. As a kid, I used to love eating BBQ ribs. But, let my dad tell it, I didn’t know how to eat a rib. Really, are you kidding.
That is a phrase I have heard all too many times. From my father down to my husband. lol. Just because I don’t eat the fat off the bone. Sure, I know some people may disagree with me, and think that is the best part. But, for me if that what it takes to knowing how to eat a rib, I will pass.
So here are a few good choices for that picky lover at your BBQ event this holiday season.
- Smoked Espresso-Rubbed Brisket Sandwich by Chef Robert Irvine. A great choice to help your guest feel like they are eating a BBQ item.
- Salmon Burger by Chef Robert Irvine. A great choice for that seafood item at your feast.
- Fish Tacos with Creamy Lime Guacamole & Cole Slaw by Chef Kerry Simon. The Food & Wine website list this fish taco as a healthy version of the California Fish Taco staple that is normally beer battered. A great choice for something quick and fresh tasting for your BBQ event.
- Homemade Chicken Fingers courtesy of the Food Network Kitchen is a great idea for the kids. This idea can be a great add not to just your BBQ event, but also to your everyday dinner menu.
- Turkey Avocado Club Sandwich courtesy of the Food Network Kitchen. Nothing taste better to me then a great turkey avocado sandwich. As the true Californian that I am, I love avocados. Nothing goes better on a sandwich then an avocado.
I hope these gives you a good idea to add to your festivities. Let me know which one you decide to try. I would love to hear how your party event turned out. Post your comments below.
Peace, Love, & Knowledge