BBQ Time!!! How exciting. Another holiday is here. Celebrating our soldiers that served and have passed on. On this day I love to remember my grandfather, Chester Taylor. He fought with the United States Army in WWII.
Do you fight with yourself about what you are going to prepare for the holiday? I do in so many ways. I absolutely love BBQ!!! I just necessarily can’t have it all the time. I don’t eat everything either. But, one thing I will say is I do make sure I get me some BBQ Chicken and Potato Salad.
Here are some great ideas for the holiday BBQ:
- Oven BBQ Chicken Drumsticks will be a great idea for the kids. Kids love drumsticks and it helps them feel included. There is a great recipe on All Recipes website by Nicole S for her Oven BBQ Chicken.
- Smoked BBQ Brisket. Nothing sounds good like a good down home BBQ Brisket. Chef Bobby Flay has a great recipe on The Food Network website.
- BBQ Ribs. You can’t forget an old favorite, the BBQ Rib. Whether your preference is Pork or Beef, I’m sure you will enjoy it just as much. There is a wonderful recipe on the Food Network site that I bet you can take a handle on without any experience. This recipe is courtesy of the Chef Patrick & Chef Gina Neely. If you haven’t seen them in the kitchen you don’t know what you are missing. I love to watch them because they are a husband and wife team. I always kid around with my husband that I am not the five-star restaurant chef he is.
- Corn on the Cob. No picnic or BBQ event will be complete without an old-fashioned corn on the cob. I love a good sweet “Green Giant” corn on the cob and so do my kids. What makes it more fun for the kids is to add some festive way to hold the cob. The kids get a great kick out of that.
- Salad. I love to add a great homemade potato salad to my BBQ. I have even went to the store a purchased a great macaroni salad. Either way, any salad to your preference will do. You need some type of balance to your hearty meal.
I hope you find some great ideas for your special occasion. Don’t forget to celebrate our fallen soldiers. They truly deserve our thought and their families deserve our continued prayers.
Peace, Love, & Knowledge