You’re mom, you do things for your children all the time without thinking about it, but what about yourself? You spend money on keeping everything under the hood of your car in good shape, but what about your body? Why not spend some time, money, and effort on yourself? There’s a lot you can do to invest in yourself.
See how much more you can accomplish when you make yourself a priority!
Try these techniques to enrich your life by investing in you:
- Hire a personal trainer. Your health and fitness are important. Get an expert on your side. Many health clubs offer free personal training. Look for a gym with this service. If you have the financial resources, hiring the local expert can speed your progress.
- Hire a personal chef. A personal chef typically comes to your house once every two weeks and prepares two weeks of food at a time. What mom wouldn’t love that? The meals they cook can accommodate any food preferences you have. It’s not a cheap service, but it’s less expensive than a private chef!
- Take a course. What interests you? You could take a class on Buddhism, basket weaving, calculus, or a golf lesson. What would enrich your life? Identify what would do the most for you and go do it.
- Hire a personal coach. A personal coach can help you figure out what you want to do with your life and advise you on how to make it happen. A personal coach is a sounding board, friend, and an expert on life. Let someone advise you and hold you accountable.
- Make time for yourself. Everyone needs a break each day to enjoy life. Use this time however you please without any feelings of guilt. Watch TV or YouTube videos. Gossip with the neighbor. Enjoy an ice cream cone or read a trashy novel. Spending some time frivolously is important for your well-being.
- Do something to advance your career. You might work on your resume, brush up on your interviewing skills, or spend some time networking. Take a public speaking course. What do you need to take your career to the next level?
- Read something just for you. Anything you like. It might be something that helps you at work, with a hobby, or just provide entertainment. Make reading a regular habit. Reading is one thing most successful people have in common.
- See the doctor. It’s important to see the doctor at least once each year. Get a check-up and ensure your body is in good health. It’s a good idea to see the dentist too.
- Set a few goals. It’s important to be working toward something. What will that something be? Without a goal, you’re just waiting for something to happen. Choose what you want to happen in your life. Spend whatever time you need to create a few goals that will enhance your life.
What can you do today to ensure you a more prosperous future? Start spending a small portion of your resources – time, money, or your complete focus – spend some time with yourself each month. Make you a priority. If you don’t take care of #1, you can’t take care of anyone else.