Parenting is hard without having a “real” how-to book on the subject. The only thing you can count on is experience and the experience of other parents. There is some common core issues to parenting we can tackle. For instance, the obstacles parents deal with on a daily basis & how you can over come them.
How to Deal with Common Obstacles:
- Catch up on sleep. Sleep deprivation is one of the toughest challenges when you have a new baby, but it also happens as you become a busy parent tending to carpools, play dates, soccer games, baseball games, basketball games, etc. The busier you keep your child, the busier you become. So remember yourself in your time scheduling and the rest you need to do the things you love doing. Like being mom.
- Eat a balanced diet. Sound nutrition will also make you more productive. Be sure to eat plenty of fruits and vegetables, lean proteins, and healthy fats. Cook food in batches for quick meals, and keep your pantry stocked with your favorite staples. That way you aren’t tiring yourself out making frequent runs to the market for groceries. It defeats the whole idea.
- Exercise regularly. How can you squeeze in a workout? Maybe you can do yoga for a few minutes at a time instead of your usual full session. Maybe you can find a quiet half hour at the start or end of your day.
- Evaluate the source. Being picky about who you go to for advice can save you time and frustration. Focus on those you can trust like your family and friends.
- Clear away clutter. Onesies, stuffed animals, and other gear are so cute that you may be tempted to go overboard. However, too many items create more work, so stick to having just what you really need.
- Reduce stress. It’s difficult to use your time well when you’re tired or tense. Find relaxation practices that work for you, such as meditation or listening to music. Call a friend or join a parent support group.
Having a child is a major milestone in any parents life and knowing how to manage your time can make all the difference.
Its with knowing how to manage your time that will help you to remain balanced and navigate through parenthood. That way, you can have the tools to take care of yourself and your family. Lets keep it real. Even when we have the tools, life’s not perfect. The point is to get back up and try again.