Inside the Supermom Book

Inside the Supermom Book: Confidence in Motherhood

A first of many articles digging into the book I wrote & in motherhood.

Becoming a mother is a life changing event. Motherhood can be stressful, exciting, and much more all rapped up into one. It often affects how we interact and view our self-image as a mother and a woman. It can also affect how we view other women in society in general.

Learning How to Be You

Learning how to be YOU in motherhood can have you asking questions.

“Am I a good mother? How should I dress now that I’m a mother? Will I be like my mother? I’m not Supermom. I can’t possibly do all the things a Supermom does. I’m not like that mom over there.”

Supermom, Celebrating All of Who You Are: Chptr 3

To simply say there is no such thing as a “perfect mother.” We all make mistakes. But, let me say you are perfect for your child. You were given a blessing and opportunity that not all women get to have to raise a little one. One that will love you for you.

They don’t care that you don’t have a green thumb. Their only concern is that you are showing them unconditional love and acceptance.

We as women need to understand, how important our job as a mother truly is.

Confidence in Motherhood vs. Comparison in Motherhood

A confident woman/mother, doesn’t compare herself to others. She is secure in her abilities to lead her family and herself the way she needs to.

Let me say this to you right now mama, if you’re not confident in who you are, comparison will creep in. Comparison is a huge sign of self doubt and low self-esteem. If it is often accompanied with a social issue it can be detrimental to your well being.

Let me elaborate on this idea right now. Let’s say you are scrolling down social media and see a mom who you think has it “all together.” You may start studying what she is doing and worrying about you’re not having the same results as she is. You may even start imitating her behavior. This could ultimately affect how you view yourself as a mother.

Well, you’re not going to have the same results. You are two different people. Two different situations. Two different personalities which yields two different results.

A woman confident in motherhood, will have questions, of course. Thats what we do as human beings. We converse, we ask for advice. We let others know when we need assistance. Make sure you know what is shaping your view.

A Moral Compass

95% of Parenting is leading by example, the other 5% is life. You just have to make sure you, as a parent, are in the lead not life.

Supermom, Celebrating All of Who You ARe, Chptr 3

It’s important to recognize how you are feeling towards yourself. Learning to be consciously aware of how you act and react to your children. You are your child’s moral compass.

In trying to understand my heart and becoming a mother I turned to the scriptures, Isaiah 41: 9-10 (NIV). This scripture in particular. It helped ground me when I needed it.

The Takeaway:

It’s important as a woman and adult to lead by example. I know its hard to be that one, but, it is worth it. While we are leading an example in our own homes, it is important to lead by example to those around us. A key reminder my mom used to tell me all the time, “Treat people as you want to be treated.”

I hope you enjoyed a snippet of ideas, quotes, and thoughts on the topic confidence in motherhood. The “Supermom, Celebrating All of Who You Are” book is available via my site at sd-henderson.com and on Amazon.

Sign up below to receive weekly mindset mantras to keep you going mama through all the daily stresses of life.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.